INSURANCE questions? it's best to always call your insurance and ask:
1. "What is my MENTAL HEALTH / PSYCHOTHERAPY coverage? Deductible remaining? Co-pay per session?"
2. "Is MARK YOUNG, LMSW in my NETWORK?"
You can also call or email my insurance billing specialist, Cindy (906.228.4703) or email email@example.com
* UPHP / Medicaid and TRICARE do NOT cover my serviecs.
For more info on various insurances accepted, click INSURANCE
FULL RATES (Individual or including family or others)
Your plan might have a lower contracted rate; copays vary. Times set by AMA Current Procedural Terminology
|INITIAL ASSESSMENT (90791):||$75 to 175 (not always necessary)|
|PSYCHOTHERAPY 16-37 min. (90832)||$65|
|PSYCHOTHERAPY 38-52 min. (90834):||$110|
|PSYCHOTHERAPY (90837 / 53-60 min.):||$140|
|FAMILY (or Couple) THERAPY (90847):||$130|
UNINSURED, HIGH DEDUCTIBLE- DISCOUNT (PRE-PAYMENT required**):
INITIAL OR URGENT (45-60 min.)
REGULAR (45 min.)
EXTENDED SESSION (53-60min.)
**NOTE: discounted pre-paid sessions are not billled to insurance and are non-refundable unless canceled 48 hours in advance (by phone or text) excluding holidays and weekends. A partial refund or credit might be given if you cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
$75 before 3pm; $85 after 3pm
$85 before 3pm; $95 after 3pm
*add'l disc. for community volunteers w/limited income
|PUBLIC SPEAKING/PRESENTATIONS||$0 - $125/hour - CALL for quote|
|MISSED APPOINTMENT / LATE CANCEL:
(missing your confirmed initial appointment w/o a medical excuse requires pre-payment in order to receive another appointment).
|$35 first missed appointment
$70 second missed appointment
3rd time=full rate & pre-pay required (possible termination).
OTHER SERVICES & RATES Available
Dickinson Hospital, Fed Ex & some other employers offer some FREE Employee Assistance Program visits, but some only allow you to see a specific provider/therapist - call the # on your insur. card or ask your benefits / H.R. person.
Some exceptions made for charity, non-profit, municipality & church sponsored referrals.
- The American Medical Association (AMA) defines Regular psychotherapy Visits/Sessions as 38-52 minutes; Extended sessions are 53-60 min.), as defined by their Current Procedural Terminology (CPT).
- I almost always start on or within 5 min. of your scheduled time & give you at least 45 minutes (longer if we do extended sessions). I know your time is valuable, & you have other 'places to go & people to see'!.
- HOW LONG DOES THERAPY TAKE? Some people attend only a single consultation visit, others many months. Most who continue, attend weekly to bi-weekly (twice a month), but I try to do what works best for YOU. Duration of therapy varies according to your needs and how in depth you wish to address them. For those who have longer-term therapy needs, usually the frequency of visits decreases over time.
- No-Show & Late Cancel Charges: If you are unable to attend an appointment, please call as soon as possible (you can call 24/7) to avoid any charges. If you cancel 24 hours in advance, you will not be charged (48hrs. required for prepaid discounted visits). See charges above.
- prevent other needy patients from beings served
- waste an entire clinical hour
- requires time rescheduling, phone calls, texting, documentation
- cost most providers and clinics thousands of dollars each year
I understand it is easy to forget or mix up times, or run into conflicts, and unexpected illnesses and crises arise; this is why most of the full rate is waived (even though the clinic incurs loss for the entire hour). A second missed appointment is more (approx. half the full cost), and missing beyond two visits result in you being charged for the full charge for that session and prepayment status or discharged from treatment.